Little Patuxent Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
LPR is currently open for submissions on December 1st, 2018. The submission period closes on March 1, 2019.
What our editors look for:
The editors of LPR welcome vibrant creative writing that demonstrates a strong sense of craft, a clear voice, and an ability to captivate the reader. The editors and readers of LPR have a variety of aesthetics and welcome a broad range of work, from the experimental to the conventional. Send work that will engage the imagination.
- We do not accept submissions from persons living outside of the United States.
- While our contributing editors may provide pieces at the request of the editor, we do not accept unsolicited material from anyone listed on our masthead.
- While we may reprint previously published work, we do not accept unsolicited submissions that have been previously published, either in print or online.
- We do not accept multiple submissions or work submitted before we have notified you of our decision about pieces under review.
- We do accept work that is simultaneously submitted to other journals as long as it is identified as such and you promptly inform us of acceptance elsewhere.
Notification and Queries
Expect three to five months for a decision. If you have not heard from us in that time, check your Submittable account. If you still have a question, contact us by email at email@example.com.
Compensation and Publication Rights
Regrettably, we cannot provide monetary compensation for work published in LPR. If we publish your work, we will give you one copy of the issue in which your work appears and the opportunity to read or discuss your work at the issue’s launch event. When we accept a piece, we obtain first publication rights only.